- This event has passed.
Accelerator Deadline Rising Up in Spain
Rising Up in Spain – a program for foreign startups and entrepreneurs with scalable and innovative projects. Barcelona/Madrid; Deadline Jan 19, 2020
The program seeks foreign startups, foreign entrepreneurs and non-resident Spanish entrepreneurs that have an innovative project with already positive feedback from the market. It is intended for startups that will eventually establish their company in Spain, or whose company is already established in Spain but less than 12 months old at the beginning of the competition.
What qualifies as a foreign startup?
- Companies incorporated with at least 10% of the capital by a foreign company or individual, or a non-resident Spanish citizen
- Foreign or non-resident Spanish entrepreneurs
A panel of experts from the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem will evaluate the projects entered into the competition. The evaluation will be conducted in accordance with the selection criteria listed below:
The projects will be chosen by 4 criteria:
- The technology the project incorporates and the extent to which it is disruptive (25%)
- The business plan and its economic-financial feasibility (25%)
- The product validation and growth potential (25%)
- The management team (25%)
1. What is Rising Up in Spain?
An acceleration program to attract talent and international entrepreneurs to Spain, created and managed by ICEX-Invest in Spain, whose mission is to contribute to reinforce and internationalize the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Spain. The goals of the program are:
- To promote Spain and the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem internationally
- To help attract talent and innovative entrepreneurial projects to Spain.
- To enable the return of Spanish entrepreneurs engaged in projects abroad and provide mechanisms for collaboration between Spanish and foreign entrepreneurs.
- To capture international funding for innovative entrepreneurial projects and increase specific investment opportunities in activities with high-added value in Spain.
2. What entrepreneurial projects can take part in the program?
International projects promoted or developed by foreigners or non-resident Spaniards.
The selected projects must be or plan to eventually result in a company created in Spain.
3. What benefits and services does the program offer entrepreneurial projects?
- Visa support services (fast-track).
- Free workspace in a renowned incubator
- Specialized mentoring to support the process of fundraising and market development in Spain.
- Media impact to increase your visibility in the Spanish market.
- Free access to forums and events.
- B2B meetings with Spanish corporates.
4. How many entrepreneurial projects will be included in the third edition of the program?
A maximum of 15 projects will be chosen to benefit from the program. Based on the resulting assessments, other support services may be provided to an additional number of projects.