Providing more than 4 million Californians with access to high-quality, affordable health care.
The Mandates & Corporate Services PMO team seeks a Project Manager for the Mandates & Corporate Services (M & M&CS) portfolio. M&CS provides project and program management for Mandates – State, Federal, Medicare, Medi-Cal, BCBSA, and Covered CA Mandate mandates with the motto that Non-compliance-is-not-an-option. M&CS also supports Corporate services strategic project which includes Finance, Law, and GPTW projects. Projects are typically highly complex with people, process, and technology impacts affecting multiple departments.
- Manage medium to large-sized projects (or multiple projects) spanning across business areas (manage project budgets between $50,000 and $5,000,000 and matrix teams ranging in size from 25 to 100-member teams)
- Able to impact beyond the area of responsibility and serve in interim leadership roles as needed
- Ensures strategic direction of projects is in line and designs strategies for alignment with Company and business unit goals and objectives
- Consults and makes recommendations to senior management/executives on significant issues
- Ability to interact with all levels, including senior management, and influence decision-making
- Proven ability to determine key business and technical issues, develop effective action plans, and implement to a successful conclusion
- Ability to operate at a strategic business level and fully incorporate business and IT strategies within all projects
- Manages the design, development, and/or implementation of new or enhanced systems projects or programs. Including
- Assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed
- Developing schedule to ensure timely completion of the project and meeting interim deadlines of the project
- Communicates with internal and external parties on project status
- Preparing reports for management review
- Managing the scope, schedule, budget, and quality of the project
- Ensure all phase gates and the appropriate documentation is completed.
- Other duties as assigned
Scrum Master (preferred)
- Ensures strategic direction of projects is in line and designs strategies for alignment with Enterprise Agile goals and objectives
- Equally effective facilitating ceremonies with both engineering/technical team and product/business team members
- Responsible for managing dependencies between the scrum teams, release management teams, third party development & QA, and other scrum teams
- Other duties as assigned
- May manage large projects or processes that span outside of the immediate job area.
- Work is performed with limited oversight.
- Innovation and Complexity
- Issues faced are numerous and undefined and require detailed information gathering, analysis, and investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex, typically impact multiple departments or specialties, and are usually solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues. Develops new perspectives and innovative approaches to existing problems
Communication and Influence
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function
- Has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., vendors, etc.)
- Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures, and practices
Leadership and Talent Management
- Generally, responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees within the job area.
- Generally responsible for managing major/complex projects involving delegation of work and review of work products.
- Excellent Communication required
Knowledge, Experience, and Education
- Knowledge of Blue Shield of CA or the health care industry
- Typically, it requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5-7 years of experience in project management experience required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a broad knowledge of project management
- Technically proficient, having a broad background in problem-solving tools. Six Sigma certification or Project Management certification, Agile preferred
- Financial hands-on experience
- Business stakeholder engagement
- Tools experience desired: SharePoint, PlanView, Microsoft Project.
San Francisco Jobs Hiring – Project Management
- About Company: At Blue Shield of California, we are parents, leaders, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Every day we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians can access high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue, and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California, with 18 additional locations, including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We’re excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for – LGBT diversity, quality improvement, the most influential women in corporate America, the Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we’re striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in – Join us!
- Physical Requirements: Office Environment – roles involving part to a full-time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of the workday. Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status, and any other classification protected by Federal, State, and local laws.
- Requisition ID: 210017K
- Posting Date: Feb 17, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
San Francisco Jobs Hiring – Project Manager Consultant Oakland
To apply for this job please visit bsc.referrals.selectminds.com.