Business & Executive Coaching
We provide executives with the constant support necessary to transform great ideas into even better companies. We equip you with the strategies and strengths to bounce back when you get knocked down.
Business coaching helps owners of small and medium-sized businesses with their sales, marketing, management, team building, and so much more.
Our role as a Business Coach is to coach business owners through guidance, support, accountability, and encouragement. We combine a coaching approach with practical and structured business planning and bring disciplined accountability to the relationship. Particularly in the small business market, business coaching is about driving profit as it is about developing the person.
Executive coaching is designed to help facilitate professional and personal development to the point of individual growth and improved performance.
As Executive Coach, we work with our clients to develop specific professional goals. These include career transition, interpersonal and professional communication, performance management, organizational effectiveness, managing career, personal changes, developing executive presence, enhancing strategic thinking, dealing effectively with conflict, and building an effective team.
Training & Professional Certifications
Through our partnership with PM Workshops, we offer trainings to facilitate professional development and career advancement.
We work with you to develop engaging trainings to meet your requirements and to ensure participant engagement. Our instructors are industry leaders with a passion for what they do. They can pull from their professional histories to offer real-world examples to illustrate their topics.
Your teams remain focused, engaged, and motivated.
Regardless of your business’s nature, team members need the necessary skills to grow and manage day-to-day operations. These trainings are designed to develop both hard and soft-skills for professional development to create efficiencies, reduce employee turnover, and improve the bottom line.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – This intensive workshop will help you understand the elements of budgeting and forecasting. It covers the budget formulation process, develops tools for budgeting, and benefits from these tools. Also, it will include how to control the budget through financial targets and cost control. It is designed for managers and department leaders that prepare budgets and monthly forecasts. Budgeting is an organized process of defining its plan and direction in financial terms, which helps allocate resources, set goals, and determine the actions required to achieve predefined goals.
- Business Case Development – this workshop, typically one to two days long, depending on the client’s needs, helps the participants develop an outline required to decide on the profitability and feasibility of a new project and whether or not to proceed forward. The business case integrates the benefits, costs, and risks of a proposed project to assist executive management in making an informed decision. The business case is a part of the Project Charter.
- Effective Communication – According to project management experts, approximately 75-90 percent of a project manager’s time is spent formally or informally communicating with clients, staff, peers, and other stakeholders. Therefore, managers need to communicate efficiently and effectively. For example, effective communication is defined as “delivering the right message to the right audience at the right time,” which are skills that can be learned with training and practice. This 2-day workshop is intended for people who want to improve their communication skills, both verbal and written, to provide effective leadership to their teams, discern which communication channels best fit their project needs, and provide the appropriate communication to all stakeholders.
- Finance 101: Understanding the Numbers – This intensive workshop will help you understand bookkeeping and financial management concepts. Further, it will assist you in understanding margins, establish financial targets, and control costs. It will help you understand the accounting process and use it to improve cost controls and enhance revenue opportunities.
- Leadership Development: This 2-day workshop is intended to enhance participants’ leadership skills through a hands-on approach to active management fundamentals, regardless of whether you deal with team members, peers, supervisors, and other stakeholders. It is intended to build both practical hard skills and soft ones, with a focus on improving leadership capabilities and self-assessing leadership styles. We will also cover how to apply these skills to generate a positive impact, enhance emotional intelligence, and develop the managerial skills required to encourage stakeholder engagement.
- Presentation Skills – we offer training to help you clearly articulate a new project idea, an existing project’s status, or reporting on an innovative approach developed by you or your team. The class runs for two (2) days, including coaching and delivering actual presentations to strengthen the participants’ confidence level.
- Pricing Strategies Capturing Value – This intensive 2-day workshop will help you understand the fundamentals of pricing strategies. It explores the dynamics that go into determining the best pricing strategy that conveys value to your customers. We will cover price setting, psychological influences to price acceptance, price-variance and discount management, pricing strategy and tactics, and organizational pricing-function development and improvement through this process. This course is designed for managers and founders responsible for delivering value and creating profitable pricing strategies.
We take the following ISO standards, which are broad-based and theoretical, and adapt them to our participants’ professional needs by using real-world examples and case studies. We have found this method to help the students better understand and effectively use the standards since ISO provides a guideline and does not provide detailed instructions for their application, nor are case studies or projects included.
- ISO 9000 Family – Quality Management –This 4-day course covers the ISO 9000 Series, which encompasses the development of a quality management system, implementing the quality management system, and the guidelines for enhancing an organizations’ ability to achieve and maintain sustained success. The quality management system is typically contained in the quality management plan, which will lay out a roadmap for achieving quality objectives, develop quality checklists, create a quality training program for staff, and, of particular interest, develop the audit processes, which include proper documentation, organizing the audit material, and preparing for the actual audit as either the auditor and the audited.
- ISO 13485 Medical Devices – This 3-day course covers the standard itself and the ancillary processes and guidelines needed to effectively apply the standard to the development, manufacturing, implementation, and commissioning of medical devices. As noted earlier in this section, the ISO standard provides a checklist of tasks and procedures needed to effectively create, deploy and use the tools but lacks real-world examples and applications, which are crucial in effectively understanding the standard’s intent.
- ISO 14000 Family – Environmental Management – This 3-day course covers this standard as a framework for organizations required to systemize and improve their environmental management efforts. And although it does not provide nor detail the environmental management system (EMS) required within this standard. It does provide a checklist for developing such a system. Therefore, our trainers, who are certified and possess extensive environmental sustainability experience, assist the students in creating an actual EMS.
- ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management – This 3-day course covers the methodology provided in this standard as well as the trainer’s experience in the field of preparing a Security Management System (SMS), which is critical for any company to protect client and staff data, intellectual property and other sensitive information. Additionally, when properly applied and incorporated into a security management plan, this standard will satisfy the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is an essential part of any company working within the EU.
- ISO 31000 Risk Management – This 3-day course is a must for any person working directly in project management and product development. The purpose of this standard is to assist companies in developing their specific Risk Management Plan, which is essential for running a business, running programs and projects, and addressing other risks inherent in any transaction. The course will teach participants how and where to identify risks, both positive (opportunities) and negative (threats), qualify (score) and quantify (currency) them, prepare appropriate responses, as well as determine how best to monitor risk control effectively.
- ISO 37101 Sustainable Development in Communities – This 4-day course covers the ISO standard itself and the ancillary processes and guidelines needed to develop for sustainable development in communities effectively. The ISO standard itself provides an outline and a checklist of tasks and procedures required to create and deploy a sustainable development plan effectively. Still, it lacks real-world examples and applications, which are crucial in effectively understanding the standard’s intent. To that end, we assist participants in interpreting and implementing the standard through actual case studies.
- Agile and Scrum Foundations – This is a two-day class geared towards flexible projects with quick turnaround demands, such as IT and R&D, where the requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration among cross-functional teams. It is geared towards fast-changing project requirements, which will lead to improved quality control, greater efficiencies reduced waste, and cost savings.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Preparation Course – This 3-day workshop satisfies the 23 contact hours required by the Project Management Institute (PMI) to apply for the exam. Just as with the PMP Exam, this course is based on the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) 6th edition, but our trainers use real-world experience and customized case studies to understand the material better. In other words, we incorporate both the theoretical and practical sides of project management into all our training. To that end, all our workshops include study materials required to learn and understand the 49 processes, inputs-tools & techniques-outputs (ITTO), process groups, and knowledge areas.
- Change Management – Preparing, equipping, and supporting individuals to adopt a change to drive organizational success and outcomes successfully. This 2-day course offers a hands-on environment for Program and Project Managers to further their professional development in Change management is one of the main concerns for all types of businesses today. And not because change is seen as something complicated, which it sometimes is, but because so much change in project work occurs unchecked and unauthorized, which leads to cost overruns, schedule delays, and, in some cases, claims which can be costly and affect client-consultant relationships.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Examination Prep Course – Maneuvering through LEED accreditation and certification can be daunting, not just the requirements for both, but the core guidelines that help us reach sustainable design ultimate construction. Therefore, we have designed this 4-day course to not only help you pass the LEED exams you select, but also, and more importantly, to develop strategies for creating sustainable environments for individuals and communities. Additionally, this course will help you understand and develop, as required, an environmental management system (EMS) should you be seeking certification per the ISO Standards, which is an integral part of the European Union‘s Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS).
- PMI-ACP Exam Preparation Course – This 3-day course satisfies the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) 21 contact hours needed to take the certification exam and includes the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Handbook in preparation for the PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam. In this course, we cover the “Agile” approach to project management, which is intended for relatively small projects that require flexibility in their path, change management, and the team’s ability to adapt to any situations that arise during the project lifecycle. It also includes how to plan and implement the “Scrums” as part of the Agile methodology.
- Project Management Foundations – This 3-day workshop is intended for people who want to learn the fundamentals of project management while not necessarily seeking to be certified. The classroom content will focus first on developing the project description (scope) and the associated budget and schedule. Additionally, other critical management tasks shall be included, such as dealing with changes, addressing risks, determining the quality objectives and how to reach them, and dealing with risks and stakeholder management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparation Workshop is geared primarily for people who want to take and pass the PMP exam and satisfy the PMI’s 35-hour requirement. However, it also focuses on training participants in the basics of project management, such as developing the scope, budget, cost baselines, and the other subsidiary factors, which lead to a successful project. This is a 4-day course, plus there is also a 1- to 2-day review session for people who need extra support shortly before taking the exam.
- PMP Exam Refresher Course – This course is intended for reviewing the exam material with an emphasis on the terms, concepts, and calculations needed to pass the exam. We will also cover the Project Charter, PM Plan, Earned Value Management (EVM), the ITTOs, and other sections of the PMBOK needed to pass the PMP Exam. Emphasis will be placed on understanding the elements required to improve participants’ project management skills.
- Quality Management -This course teaches participants the importance of Total Quality Management (TQM), including both quality assurance (QA) as well as quality control (QC.) QA focuses on ensuring the correct policies, procedures, templates, and other documents are sufficient to prepare high-quality deliverables and products. QC ensures the deliverables/products are properly inspected and, as required, are revised to meet the quality and product requirements. Standards, such as Six Sigma and ISO (9001 and other subsidiary sections), are used in this 2-day workshop.
- Risk Management: – this 3-day course focuses on identifying, qualifying (i.e., scoring), quantifying, and preparing responses for uncertainties in projects. These uncertainties, which can be positive (opportunities) or negative (threats,) are collectively known as “risks” and are inherent and, at times, a precarious part of any project. To that end, we help our clients during this course to learn the fundamentals of risk management, as well as develop a risk management plan for their project work.
PMI, the PMI Registered Education Provider logo, PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP, and PMI-PBA are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
We offer bespoke workshops and facilitation.
Off the shelf isn’t for everyone. While we offer a host of pre-designed training, we understand that there are times when the only solution is tailor-made. Bespoke workshops are designed to meet your organization’s specific needs and allow you to design towards desired outcomes. We work with you to ensure that this is the right training at the right time for your team.